Subscribe to our newsletter!
Editing by Nathaniel Cajuday
- Fans of “Ang Huling El Bimbo: The Musical” will be able to buy tickets in the form of NFTs via Mintoo.
- Mintoo, integrated within PDAX, allows users to buy digital collectibles and NFTs directly using Philippine Pesos.
- Each NFT ticket allows entry for two individuals and can serve as both a collectible digital item as well as access to the event.
Hit jukebox musical Ang Huling El Bimbo is set to offer their show tickets as non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on the Filipino NFT platform Mintoo, a built-in marketplace within PDAX, a licensed cryptocurrency exchange in the Philippines.
NFT Ticket Sales and Discounts
Every Ang Huling El Bimbo: The Musical NFT ticket allows entry for two individuals, offering a 15% discount for each ticket duo. Tickets can now be purchased on the Mintoo website.
In a statement, Mintoo confirmed that these NFTs will function not only as digital collectibles but also provide admission to the event through the platform’s utility redemption system.
Note: Regular, non-NFT tickets are still available.
NFT tickets are just one of the more practical applications of the technology. While its clear use case is to provide added value to ticket holders, for organizers, NFT tickets can solve the problem of counterfeiting and even discourage scalping if implemented properly.
According to Meg Amat, the marketing and strategy chief of Mintoo, the collaboration between the musical and the platform “at the Newport Performing Arts Theater marks a significant step forward in the adoption of NFTs and digital collectibles in the Filipino entertainment industry.”
“By offering NFT tickets that grant access to the event and other perks, the partnership demonstrates the potential for NFTs to extend beyond collectible value and into the realm of practical utility,” Amat added.
What is “Ang Huling El Bimbo: The Musical”?
“Ang Huling El Bimbo: The Musical,” written by Dingdong Novenario, features the hit songs of the iconic Filipino band, Eraserheads.
- Debuting on July 20, 2018, at the Newport Performing Arts Theatre in Pasay, the musical featured around 40 songs from the band, including the title song: Ang Huling El Bimbo.
- The musical has enjoyed tremendous success, and has garnered renewed attention during the pandemic when the organizers decided to stream the musical online to over seven million viewers.
For May 2023, the musical’s schedule is set on May 5, 6, 7, 12, 13, and 14.
What is Mintoo?
Mintoo is a Filipino NFT platform on the Polygon network. Integrated within the PDAX app, users can buy digital collectibles and NFTs directly, with the platform supporting transactions in Philippine Pesos for added convenience.
Mintoo is also set to launch the Flaming Lullaby NFT Collection from Filipino music icon Ely Buendia, who is coincidentally a member of Eraserheads.
More details about Ang Huling El Bimbo: The Musical NFT are found on Mintoo website at https://mintoo.pdax.ph.
This article is published on BitPinas: Ang Huling El Bimbo Musical Tickets to Be Sold as NFTs on Mintoo
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.