Subscribe to our newsletter!
- GCash launches DoubleSafe, a new feature that adds an extra layer of authentication to protect users from theft and prevent unauthorized transactions. The feature includes a selfie scan for fully verified users or an additional OTP for non-verified users.
- The feature is currently on limited release and will soon be available to all users, but the selfie scan will only appear for accounts using MPIN to log in.
- GCash also encourages users experiencing login issues to report incidents and provides troubleshooting steps. The company recently announced partnerships with UNO Digital Bank and released new app features GStocks and Gcrypto.
Mobile wallet and fintech app GCash launches “DoubleSafe,” a new feature designed to further protect users from theft by adding an extra layer of authentication before granting access to accounts and enabling transactions.
DoubleSafe: Selfie Scan & OTP Authentication
DoubleSafe prevents unauthorized transactions through the use of a selfie scan for fully verified users or an additional OTP for non-verified users. This new step ensures that only the account owner has access to their GCash account on any device.
The feature is currently on limited release, but GCash assures that it will soon be available for all users. The company also noted that the selfie scan will not appear for users utilizing biometrics for account login. Only accounts using MPIN to log in will trigger the selfie scan feature.
Troubleshooting Login Issues
For users experiencing issues with logging in, GCash encourages them to report the incident using the following steps:
- Submit a ticket with the provided link.
- Input your email address, GCash registered name, and mobile phone number.
- Select “I can’t log in to my GCash app” in the Concern Category.
- Answer “Yes” to “Were you asked to take a selfie scan or enter another OTP when logging in?”
- Provide a description and screenshots of the error experienced.
Recent GCash Developments
In recent news, GCash announced that their GSave Hub will now offer the highest time deposit interest rate of 6.5% p.a. and up to 4.25% p.a. on regular savings through their partnership with UNO Digital Bank.
Last month, the firm shared that after acquiring approval from the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), Filipinos in Japan, Italy, and Australia can now use the fintech app with international SIM cards.
Additionally, GCash released new app features GStocks and Gcrypto. Currently undergoing a month-long trial run with stock brokerage firm AB Capital Securities Inc., GStocks will allow users to invest in stocks. GCrypto, on the other hand, integrates cryptocurrency trading into the app.
This article is published on BitPinas: GCash Introduces DoubleSafe: Enhanced Security with Selfie Scan & OTP Authentication
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.