Philippine Senator and boxing champion Mr. Manny Pacquiao has confirmed the launching of his own cryptocurrency called PAC Token this year.
Senator Manny Pacquiao initially announced his plans to have his own virtual currency in March 2018 when he was announced as the celebrity ambassador for GCOX, a cryptocurrency exchange.
Just a month after his announcement in joining with GCOX, Senator Pacquiao together with GCOX CEO, Mr. Jeffrey Lin shared that PAC Token will be unveiled later this year. PAC Token is more than a cryptocurrency as it will allow Paquiao fans around the world to buy exclusive Pacquiao merchandise and even interact with the Filipino boxing star via live-streaming.
“It can be a way to be in touch with the fan base and (there are) a lot of things we can do with this cryptocurrency,” – Senator Manny Pacquiao
Senator Manny Pacquiao boxed his way to riches and is now the world’s 20th highest-paid athlete of all time according to Forbes. It is reported that his career earnings have reached $510 million.
The announcement of PAC token is in time with the government’s tightening security on cryptocurrencies and exchanges around the world.
Event: Check Out Traders Fair Philippines this April 21, 2018:
- SEC Releases 14 Unregistered Illegal Investment Schemes in the Country
- Php 900 Million Scammer: Release Me So I Can Return the Money
- Senator De Lima Asks for a Swift Passage of Crypto Crime Bill
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.