- The BLOKC partnered with the Arbitrum Foundation to advance the adoption of Arbitrum blockchain in the Philippines.
- They aim to empower developers and companies through activities like Developer Bootcamps, community meetups, and hackathons, fostering the development and utilization of decentralized applications (dApps).
- The partnership focuses on nurturing a thriving community and supporting technopreneurs and emerging founders in the Arbitrum ecosystem.
The Blockchain Lead Organization & Knowledge Center (The BLOKC), a blockchain education-focused platform, recently announced its partnership with the Arbitrum Foundation. This partnership marks a significant step forward in the progression of Arbitrum blockchain in the Philippines, The BLOKC stated.
Read more articles about The BLOKC:
The BLOKC x Arbitrum Foundation
According to a press release, the collaboration aims to empower developers, builders, and companies looking into blockchain solutions by hosting and organizing a series of Arbitrum-focused activities, such as developer bootcamps, community meetups, and hackathons. The goal is to advance the development, implementation, and utilization of decentralized applications (dApps).
To raise awareness and boost the adoption of Arbitrum solutions among Ethereum developers in the Philippines, the firms will offer expert-led learning with experienced instructors, fosters a supportive community for collaboration and innovation, and rewards successful participants with a non-fungible token (NFT) Certification, recognizing their expertise in Arbitrum.
“By joining our programs, you’re not just learning; you’re actively contributing to the growth of the Arbitrum ecosystem. Together, we aim to increase the number of potential talents and builders, be it developers or non-developers, everyone is welcome to join us!” the media release reads.
Moreover, it was noted that The BLOKC currently acts as the representative and entity of the Arbitrum Foundation in the Philippines for support, possible grants and funding, or any inquiries related to the Arbitrum tech stack and ecosystem.
What is Arbitrum?
Arbitrum, created by Offchain Labs, is an Ethereum Layer 2 solution engineered to enhance network scalability and lower transaction expenses. Tailored exclusively for the Ethereum blockchain, this Layer 2 scaling solution is primarily focused on expediting the execution of smart contract transactions while concurrently cutting down the associated transaction costs.
Layer 2 solutions enhance the capacity of Layer 1 blockchains by offloading complex computational tasks to a secondary layer. In this arrangement, Layer 2 handles smart contract execution, while Layer 1 focuses on data storage and maintenance. This division of responsibilities improves efficiency and cost-effectiveness, strengthening the blockchain ecosystem for smart contract activities.
Recent Activities of The BLOKC
This year, The BLOKC has formed partnerships with both Lyceum University of the Philippines (LPU) and Mapua University’s School of Information Technology to enhance blockchain education. These collaborations include providing structured internships, faculty training, curriculum review and development, hackathons, seminars, and other initiatives. While LPU focuses on empowering students with a strong emphasis on blockchain technology and its applications, Mapua currently offers blockchain as a free elective, with future plans to establish it as a specialization.
Recently, the BLOKC-supported DAOCre-8, a web3 startup co-founded by El Bonuan, Jaime Zulueta, and Theo Roque, secured the 4th position in the Solana Hyperdrive Hackathon’s DAOS & NETWORK STATES category, winning $10,000 in the form of USDC. The BLOKC noted that this achievement has increased DAOCre-8’s visibility, potentially opening doors for future grants and investment opportunities.
Moreover, Emerson Fonseca, Co-Founder of The BLOKC, shared the firm’s mid-year review to BitPinas featuring its significant wins, challenges, and future plans.
This article is published on BitPinas: Arbitrum Foundation, The BLOKC to Bring Arbitrum Tech in PH
Read more articles about The BLOKC:
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.