In response to the growing cryptocurrency adoption in the Philippines, popular crypto traders have formally founded the Innovative Movement of the Philippine Association of Crypto Traders (IMPACT), with the establishment of the group taking place on October 14, 2023.
Check out more related news:
Establishment of IMPACT
Arlone “Paul” Abello, the CEO of Global Miranda Miner Group (GMMG), spearheaded the establishment of the association. Abello will serve as the Executive Director and Founding Chair of Impact.
He emphasized that the Philippines Association of Crypto Traders was established to provide individuals with the knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrencies and its vast potential.
“We strive to be the leading authority in the Philippines, providing reliable and unbiased information on crypto trading, use cases, and emerging trends,” Abello added.
The association also announced a partnership with the Junior Confederation of Finance Associations Philippines (JCFAP), the national umbrella organization for associations of college students in finance or financial management.
Moreover, through GMMG’s “Cryptalk” the IMPACT founders will visit universities in the Philippines to teach finance students about crypto, blockchain, and web3. They will promote ethical behavior in the decentralized web and cryptocurrency ecosystem.
According to a media release, Abello, Jimenez, and Lazaro spoke to students at Citi Global College in Laguna on October 4 about job opportunities in the web3 space and shared valuable insights into identifying signs of crypto-related scams. The group is scheduled to visit 11 more schools, beginning with De La Salle University on November 14, 2023.
“Generation Z can get easily hyped when it comes to investing. They have so much risk appetite that they lose focus on the potential risk of losing their money altogether,” Abello explained.
In addition to Abello, the founding members of the organization are noted to bring a wide range of expertise to the table:
- Jiro Reyes – CEO of Bitskwela, a web3 edutech platform
- Atty. Clarizel King – an expert in corporate, technology, securities, health, and property law
- Steve “ICesteam” Jimenez – community manager at ZKEX.com, a decentralized multi-chain order book exchange
- Riki Dacanay – a blockchain tech investor and entrepreneur
- Gilbert “TitoVlogs” Lazaro – a stock and cryptocurrency market analyst; recognized as the Philippines’ best trading advisor in 2022 by Trader’s Fair
IMPACT has also appointed officers with a variety of skills from various sectors:
- Ivy Gutierrez – Assistant Executive Director
- Aubrie Cinco – Committee Chair for Education
- Jaspher Poblete- Committee Chair for Industry Hygiene
- Mike Cruda – Committee Chair for Memberships and Growth
- Renniel Balisong – Committee Chair for Secretariat
- Chester Flavier – Assistant Chair for Education
The Innovative Movement of the Philippine Association of Crypto Traders (IMPACT) aims to educate individuals about cryptocurrencies and their potential. IMPACT also focuses on raising awareness about potential scams to protect traders and ensure a safe trading environment.
Its vision includes making the benefits of cryptocurrencies accessible to everyone and empowering individuals to navigate the digital economy with confidence. Additionally, they aim to contribute to the financial landscape by providing education on global economic trends through informative newsletters, enabling traders to make well-informed decisions.
“We formed IMPACT to empower individuals to navigate the complexities of the digital economy confidently and equip the next generation of finance and technology professionals with essential knowledge about cryptocurrency and blockchain as transformative emerging technologies,” Abello stated.
This article is published on BitPinas: Filipino Crypto Traders Form Union for Investment Literacy
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.