- Globe and GCrypto will be the Official Connectivity Partner and the Official Crypto Offramp Partner, respectively, of the upcoming YGG Pilipinas-led Web3 Community Summit.
- GCrypto executives will discuss how the fintech app made it easy for Filipinos to buy cryptocurrencies.
- Globe details how innovative co-creation in web3 works with MetaverseGo, an all-in-one web3 mobile platform that onboards new players via a mobile phone login.
Digital solutions platform Globe and GCash’s crypto offering feature GCrypto will be the Official Connectivity Partner and the Official Crypto Offramp Partner, respectively, of the upcoming Web3 Community Summit, YGG Pilipinas announced.
Check our coverage of DAY 1 of the event on Twitter:
What is Web3 Community Summit?
The Web3 Community Summit, scheduled for July 14 and 15, 2023, is YGG Pilipinas’ mid-year event. The open conference aims to bring together supporters of the web3 industry and community in the Philippines.
“It will showcase various practical workshops, a career fair, talks, meet & greets with Community Leaders, Managers, and KOLs, an interactive expo with leading Web3 companies and games, eSports tournaments, and more!” YGG Pilipinas said.
Though it is free, slots are only limited to 1,500, and tickets were already sold out as of July 6, 2023.
Globe and GCrypto at Web3 Community Summit
The two-day conference focuses on sharing best practices and tools for building thriving communities around web3 games, projects, and corporations.
The first day involved various web3 personalities sharing their web3 knowledge and introducing their projects. Meanwhile, the second day includes a blend of gaming tournaments, upskilling workshops, and a dedicated career marketplace.
GCrypto and Globe delivered separate keynote speeches on the first day of the summit.
- Mark Nunez, an executive at GCrypto, discussed how the fintech app has simplified the process for Filipinos to buy cryptocurrencies.
- Globe spoke about the innovative co-creation in web3 with MetaverseGo, an all-in-one web3 mobile platform that onboards new players through mobile phone login.
“The partnership with YGG goes hand-in-hand with Globe’s commitment to foster an inclusive Web3 environment to support the country’s digital transformation journey. As the nation’s most reliable network, we aim to be a dependable source of Web3 education and upskilling activities. We’re thrilled to join forces with innovation leaders like YGG and MetaverseGo! to make this a reality,” Globe’s Director for Games, ESports, Innovations, and Metaverse Partnerships Ralph Aligada stressed.
Aside from this event, Globe and GCrypto were also present as partners during the Philippine Web3 Festival, which happened in November last year.
Read our articles about PH Web3 Fest here:
“In the coming months, Globe will be launching additional grassroots programs to advance our mission of democratizing Web3 knowledge and innovations. Our partnership with YGG marks a significant milestone in our sustained efforts to ensure technology becomes more approachable and advantageous for everyone,” Aligada concluded.
This article is published on BitPinas: Globe, GCrypto Join Forces With YGG in Hosting Two-Day Web3 Summit
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.