December 20, 2019 – Depending on who you ask, 2019 is another turbulent year for the crypto and blockchain industries. Globally, we’ve seen companies refocus their efforts or merge with others to survive. In the Philippines, we’ve read about more pending regulations, developments in the space, and more education drive. BitPinas sought the opinion of people who work in the blockchain and crypto industry in the Philippines, including leaders and influencers here and abroad on what they think about 2019 in general and what they look forward to in 2020.
Myrtle Ramos is the Founder of Block Tides which is an events, digital, and public relations company in the Philippines focusing on Blockchain Technology and writes, directs and manages Asia Token Fund. She also organizes major roadshows in South East Asia. She is also an advocate of empowering women in the money world.
Table of Contents.
- 1 BitPinas: Can you please share the latest developments from your company/project/group this year?
- 2 Please share a personal highlight for you this year in the crypto and blockchain community.
- 3 What do you think is the most important blockchain and/or crypto development in the Philippines/Globally in 2019?
- 4 What is your company/project/group looking forward to this 2020 in this space?
- 5 What do you personally look forward to in this space?
- 6 What do you see for the Philippines in 2020 in this space?
- Our news app already got its push notification for daily news and headlines for users.
- We’ve developed more strategic campaigns and promotions for companies and projects.
- ATF App developed milestones/activities for you to earn ATF Tokens.
- Riwigo developing an app with integrated AI function.
- 20+ Successful Roadshows from different South East Asia countries since 2018 to present (Singapore, Malaysia, Bali, Jakarta, Korea, Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand).
- 250 plus Media Publications.
- Connected to mainstream and blockchain media across SEA.
- Acquired 1M database of investors, blockchain and tech enthusiasts, VCs and etc for email campaign purposes.
- From 30,000 monthly viewers last year now is 130,000 for Asia Token Fund News alone.
- Asia Token Fund best crypto media for UCIM.
- Asia Token Fund Nominated as Best Crypto Media in SEA.
- Won the Top Influencer and Best Crypto Journalist by Krypton Events Gurus Awards.
- Spoke to different Universities empowering Youth and Women (University of the Philippines, PUP & University of Makati).
- Moderated different panel sessions about Blockchain and hosted different events.
- Will have an article for #LadyBoss book this coming 2020 (Empowering women | Conversation with ladies who run the money world).
What do you think is the most important blockchain and/or crypto development in the Philippines/Globally in 2019?
After working on multiple blockchain-related projects myself, there’s a good number of various quality blockchain cases. Venture production studio focused on building and scaling tools, disruptive startups, core integration components, B2C DApps and enterprise software products powered by decentralized technologies, education and a lot more.
I would love to highlight the world’s first asset-backed cryptocurrency advocating a resource-based economy for humanity and was created to distribute the value of natural resources and selected philanthropic assets directly to the people and organizations to ensure that Humanity has a stake in the protection and conservation of our planet. The Maharlika Coin (MHLK) is the world’s first asset-backed, wealth distribution cryptocurrency. Issued by the Swiss-based Formula Green Foundation in partnership with the Maharlika Trust, the use of MHLK advocates a “Resource-Based Economy or Shared Resources Economy” for humanity where we believe that the world’s basic resources should be protected for the people and by the people. The key clusters which provide the value of MHLK encompass key advocacies which protect and manage our water supply, the transition and use of Fusion Energy, ocean & reefs conservation, key minerals, ensuring our food supply, and most of all, human capital.
What is your company/project/group looking forward to this 2020 in this space?
- We are looking to create more innovative campaigns to promote projects.
- Expect more roadshows for the coming years.
- Looking to expand and have an office all throughout SEA for Asia Token Fund News.
- Block PR Asia is looking to create more appealing helpful strategies to help companies and projects.
What do you personally look forward to in this space?
What do you see for the Philippines in 2020 in this space?
More interested participants and enthusiasts to learn more about Blockchain Technology. By all measures, 2019 was a remarkable year for the blockchain and crypto space. We have a lot to look forward to in the next year. Overall, the next year is shaping up to be crucial for the blockchain technology and digital assets ecosystems. I can see the year 2020 when the major blockchain protocols and digital assets continue to grow in usage, metrics and adoption rates.
Follow Myrtle Ramos:
- Myrtle on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Myrtle’s websites and projects:
This article is published on BitPinas: Myrtle Ramos, Block Tides [PH 2019 Crypto & Blockchain Year in Review]
Notes: BitPinas chose what outside websites to cite within this article series.