- Axie Infinity developer Sky Mavis partners with Foonie Magus to launch Apeiron, the first blockchain god game, on Ronin Blockchain.
- Apeiron, featuring roguelike card-battler and god simulation elements, aims to set a new industry benchmark by combining creativity, engagement, economic value, and IP success.
- Sky Mavis’s Ronin blockchain has seen significant growth, opening to select game studios in March, and witnessing a 300% increase in daily active addresses.
Web3 phenomenon Axie Infinity developer Sky Mavis has partnered with Singapore-based game studio Foonie Magus to launch the inaugural blockchain god game Apeiron on Ronin Blockchain, an EVM blockchain crafted for developers building games.
Table of Contents
Apeiron on Ronin
Sky Mavis CEO Trung Nguyen expressed excitement about introducing the first blockchain god game to their ecosystem, seeing Apeiron as a natural evolution for the Ronin community.
“Sky Mavis is on a mission to become the best place to build and grow web3 games. We are excited to introduce the first blockchain-based god game to our ecosystem which features new gameplay never seen before in both web2 or web3,” he stated.
Nguyen noted that the leadership team at Foonie Magus has released over 140 titles, and has decades of deep involvement in both web2 and web3 gaming. He stressed that he believes that Apeiron, with its strong IP and similar play style to Axie Infinity, is a natural evolution for the existing Ronin community.
Foonie Magus CEO Frank Cheng praised Ronin’s support for gaming projects, emphasizing the shared vision for creating an ecosystem that harmonizes creativity, engagement, economic value, and IP success.
“Through this partnership, we aspire to create an ecosystem that harmonizes creativity, engagement, economic value, and IP success, setting a new benchmark in the gaming industry,” Cheng added.
In a media release, the firms shared that Apeiron seeks to set a new benchmark in the gaming industry by combining creativity, engagement, economic value, and IP success.
What is Apeiron?
Apeiron combines roguelike card-battler and god simulation elements, where players control a godly avatar defending Doods, adorable creatures inhabiting Apeiron’s godiverse.
The game introduces features such as a tri-token system with real economic implications, enabling players to trade and invest in their flourishing worlds. Players will be able to breed their own Planet NFTs for either playing or selling, utilizing mechanics and token systems similar to those used in Axie Infinity, which simplifies the onboarding process.
A demo is available on the Epic Game Store, with a global mobile game launch and token release anticipated in early Q1 2024, featuring a new PvP mode.
Other Games in Ronin
Since March, Sky Mavis has opened Ronin to select game studios and has observed a 300% increase in daily active addresses in the last month.
In September, the firm announced the migration of the web3 game Pixels to Ronin, offering benefits such as reduced gas fees, advisory support from Sky Mavis, and access to the Mavis Hub distribution platform. Pixels, a successful open-world MMORPG pixel game, has achieved significant acclaim on Polygon, ranking as the top Web3 game by Unique Active Wallets. The move to Ronin aims to enhance the game’s resources and overall support.
In November, Sky Mavis also collaborated with ACT Games to migrate their portfolio to the Ronin blockchain, commencing with Zoids Wild Arena, a blockchain trading card game. Users transitioning to a Ronin wallet are eligible for rewards, including ZOIDS NFTs and tokens.
This article is published on BitPinas: Sky Mavis, Foonie Magus Launch God Game Apeiron on Ronin Blockchain
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.