Updated: October 2019
There are a number of ways to buy bitcoin in the Philippines. The most convenient way is to buy through Coins.ph or Bitbit.cash. Coins.ph allows buying bitcoin through 7-eleven while gCash and bank deposits are accepted at Bitbit.
Most recently, Coins.ph is testing a feature where select users can now buy and sell ethereum within its app.
While these methods are fast and convenient, some users might find better transaction fees by using other methods of purchasing bitcoin.
One method that we are going to talk about today is buying bitcoin OTC, or bitcoin over-the-counter.
How to Buy Bitcoin Over-the-Counter in the Philippines
Table of Contents
If you want to purchase bitcoin over-the-counter, Bloom Solutions is a virtual currency exchange (VCE) licensee that powers numerous Bitcoin OTCs in the Philippines.
We will add more companies if there will be future ones who will provide cryptocurrency over-the-counter services.
Bloom-Powered Bitcoin OTC Locations
Moneybees.ph, according to its profile, is the country’s first cryptocurrency over-the-counter service. At the moment they have paused their services to wait for their vce license from the Central Bank.
Bexpress is another Virtual Currency Exchange licensee that offers OTC service at their branch in Pasay.
|Bexpress||G/F UNIT 5 Aseana PowerStation Macapagal, Paranaque City||Bitcoin, ethereum|
How does it work?
A post on bitcointalk detailed the process of buying bitcoin or ethereum through these centers. The steps below are just a rough representation of how the transaction will work based on the post on bitcointalk.
- Specify the amount of bitcoin or ether that you wanted to buy.
- Pay the amount. You will get a receipt like this. This photo can be found on the bitcointalk thread.
- Present your bitcoin address (or ether wallet address).
- The salesperson will reconfirm with you the address, and then proceeds with the transaction
- The coins are sent to your address!
Note that the above is just a sample procedure based on this. The process might be a bit different when you try it firsthand.
How fast is the transaction?
The speed will depend on how fast your transaction is confirmed in the blockchain, just like how it is in Coins.ph and other sites. Always check out the current average bitcoin transaction time so you will have a good idea on how fast should the bitcoins turn up in your wallet address.
Is this Legit?
Bexpress is a licensed VCE, so as BloomSolutions.
While cashless payments are popular these days, the trip to a money changer or remittance center is still a familiar sight in the Philippines, what with the millions of OFWs we have. The process should be the same when you try to buy bitcoin or ether via OTC through these centers. Hopefully, more such centers appear in the Philippines, especially in cities outside the metro.
- Buy bitcoin in bitcoin ATMS in the Philippines
- You just bought some coins? Here’s where to store them safely.
- Are you waiting for an ether exchange site in PH? You don’t have to wait longer…
- A Growing List of Blockchain Jobs in the Philippines
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.