The BSP regulated mobile money service, GCash, allows users to buy load, pay bills, send and receive money, and purchase items. Did you know that you can register your number even if you’re not a Globe or TM subscriber? You can also purchase bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies using GCash, and here’s how.
This mobile money service initially made for Globe and TM subscribers is now available to all networks. Users can now easily download the app on the Play Store or App Store and register using their number. With its wider reach, you can also use GCash to buy bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
Use GCash to Buy Bitcoin (GCash Bitcoin)
Table of Contents
Since GCash is almost similar to using Coins.ph, buying bitcoin using GCash is easy. You will just need enough funds to cover the cost plus the fee and you can now buy your bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
What you’ll need:
- Verified GCash account
- Available Peso balance in the GCash wallet
- Active Coins.ph account (Register here!)
Step 1: Open your GCash App
Open your GCash app and make sure you have enough balance to cover your bitcoin purchase. You can choose from its wide array of cash-in options. Take note that there is a 10% outlet fee. For example, if you’ll buy Php 1000 worth of bitcoin, it will charge you Php 1010, make sure you have enough balance.
Step 2: Open your Coins.ph
Open your Coins.ph app and tap on Cash In then scroll down on the next page and choose Globe GCash. On the next interface, choose Globe GCASH (via Dragonpay) then it will go to the next page where you will need to manually enter the amount you want to cash in. The maximum amount is Php 2500 and it will charge you Php 25 (10% fee). Don’t forget to click on Confirm.
Read the instructions and tap on Pay with DragonPay
Step 3: Paying with DragonPay
After tapping on Pay with DragonPay, you will get directed on to this page. Disregard the note that says “Globe Number” and just put the number associated with your GCash wallet. Tap on Pay. You will then receive a text message that you need to reply with your GCash Pin. After successfully sending your PIN, you have now funded your Coins.ph account. Feel free to convert it to BTC, ETH, BCH, or XRP.
- How to Pay Pag Ibig Online with Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency
- How to Pay NBI Clearance Online with Bitcoin & Crypto
- How to Donate Using Bitcoin
- A Growing List of Blockchain Jobs in the Philippines
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.