Financial firm Bloomberg is set to launch a cryptocurrency index together with Galaxy Digital Capital Management.
The Bloomberg Galaxy Crypto Index (BGCI) is set to track the most liquid portion of the crypto market. The Index will list down the following tokens:
- Bitcoin Cash
- Ethereum Classic
Alan Campbell, the Global Product Manager for Bloomberg Indices, said that the move to launch a crypto index is a reflection of the firm’s clients’ interest in cryptocurrency.
According to Michael Novogratz, Head of Galaxy Digital Capital Management, the new index is a statement for institutional accounts to begin treating cryptocurrencies as a new asset class.
While both Bloomberg and Galaxy decline to reveal how they track the crypto prices, they are confident that that BGCI will become a benchmark for the global cryptocurrency market.
- Blockchain-based Gaming Platform ALAX partners with PH’s Torque Mobile
- How to Buy Loyal Coin in the Philippines Through Nemchange, etc
- New Cryptocurrency Exchange PDAX to Launch in the Philippines
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.