Electrify, an electricity marketplace from Singapore raised $30 million from its token sale. The company plans to use the funds in expanding to SEA, Japan, and Australia.
Table of Contents
Electrify is Singapore’s first retail electricity marketplace. It aims to decentralize power production and give the power of choice to the consumers. With this disruption in the power industry, the introduction of Electrify may mean accessible, affordable, and sustainable energy in Asia.
“Countries across Southeast Asia are starting to liberalize their electricity markets. By aggregating retail electricity offerings on our platform with our proprietary pricing engine and blockchain solution, we bring better-informed choices at more affordable prices to the consumer.” – Mr. Julius Tan, CEO and Co-Founder, Electrify
In the same statement, Mr. Tan of Electrify said the company is looking forward to the positive impact its platform will have in Asia.
- Read More: PLDT Joins a Major Blockchain Consortium
How will Electrify Work?
The setup of decentralizing electricity can be very beneficial in places where there’s only one distributor of this utility. Take, for example, Manila. When a utility is controlled by a single firm, the public does not have any other alternative that has a lower price or better value.
If Electrify becomes successful, consumers will be able to choose between energy suppliers. All of this will happen on the blockchain. No more monopoly. More choices for the public.
Electrify recently finished its ELEC ICO.
- Twitter to Act on Crypto Scams
- PH & JP Crypto Investment Forum Discuss the Blockchain and Serving the Unbanked
- PLDT Joins a Major Blockchain Consortium
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.