December 18, 2018. The Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia has signed a one-year collaboration with PlayGame to deliver its games to PlayGame’s blockchain-based gaming platform.
In its press release, Disney Company Southeast Asia and PlayGame will collaborate to put a collection of game titles that will include popular Disney characters such as Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Olaf.
“We are delighted to announce this wonderful collaboration with The Walt Disney Company. Like millions of people all over the world, I am a huge fan of Disney myself. This is a very exciting collaboration, as our blockchain-powered decentralized gaming platform will encourage innovation and bring Disney’s well-loved creative products to the vast PlayGame community,” – Mr. Anton Soeharyo, CEO, PlayGame
The Director and Head of Games Commercialization of Walt Disney Company Southeast Asia, Mr. Je Alipio, also expressed his thoughts about the collaboration. He said that the partnership will help the company reach more audience and bring the fans closer to the characters and stories in Southeast Asia “high-quality interactive game experiences,”.
The PlayGame blockchain platform will let Disney fans from all ages enjoy free-to-play HTML5 games using either desktop or mobile. Check out the games that are released to the public:
- Mickey’s Delivery Dash – Players need to help Mickey deliver croissants across Paris to Minnie’s café before time runs out.
- Olaf’s Freeze Fall – A game where players need to find Olaf’s missing arms, buttons, and nose.
According to the press release, Disney fans and players can expect additional game titles with the characters they grew up with. The games will also get released to six countries in Southeast Asia namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
In the Philippines, Altitude Games, develops Battle Racers on the Ethereum-based virtual reality platform Decentraland.
Gumi Asia Managing Director, Mr. Ronnie Tan, says that “Play to Earn” is the future of blockchain gaming and gaming in general during his speech at the 2018 GameFest Conference.
This article first appeared on BitPinas: PlayGame To Bring Walt Disney Games to Its Philippines, Southeast Asia Blockchain Gaming Platform
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.