Bitpinas. SCI Ventures, the company behind Buybitcoin.ph wants your vote on which popular cryptocurrency do you want to become available on its platform first.
The choices are as follows:
Table of Contents
- Bitcoin Cash
SCI mentioned that the cryptocurrency that wins will be the next one to be available on its platform. The wording seems to imply that the three will eventually be available in the future. It’s just a matter of which one comes first.
How to Vote
- Go to https://buybitcoin.ph.
- Log in / Create an Account.
- On the top left is cryptocurrency switcher (default is bitcoin).
- Choose the cryptocurrency you want.
- You will arrive at a page similar to the one below. All you have to do is click “I want [Ethereum/Ripple/Bitcoin Cash] first on Buybitcoin.ph!”
- This will prompt a Facebook share button.
Ethereum in the Philippines (Current Status)
You can actually buy ethereum in the Philippines through Quoinex. It is the only way we know where you can directly convert your Php to ethereum. Although, the process will involve going to a bank to fund your account. Read our article for other ways to buy ethereum in PH.
Ripple Philippines (Current Status)
Buying Ripple in the Philippines will involve transferring bitcoins you bought on Coins or Bitbit into a foreign exchange like Bittrex. Then buy it from there. (Read: How to Buy Ripple in the Philippines)
Bitcoin Cash Philippines (Current Status)
The 3rd largest cryptocurrency can also be bought at Quoinex. You can also do the steps I mentioned earlier with Ripple. For more instructions, check out our article: How to Buy Bitcoin Cash in the Philippines. Note: Coins.ph CEO Ronn Marlowe said they are considering to add bitcoin cash in the future.
- Update June 2018: BCH is now available in Coins.ph
If Coins.ph really adds bitcoin cash in the future, and if SCI adds either of the 3, then that means we will finally have a way to buy other digital coins without going through the convoluted process of transferring our bitcoins to a foreign exchange. The Coins.ph and Bitbit.cash process (where you buy at 7-eleven) is really very convenient, albeit the fees). BuyBitcoin is also very convenient as they have a number of ways we can buy bitcoin.
- Coins.ph gets license, considers Bitcoin Cash
- SCI Ventures’ Rebittance Inc gets BSP License
- SEC will soon legalize ICOs
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter! Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.
- Invest in bitcoins (or in any altcoins) only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, check the people behind it, its mission, and other details to ensure that they are worth investing for. Don’t invest in something you don’t know.
- This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. There is no substitute for doing your own research. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.