Draper Startup House (DSH) Manila, the Philippine branch of the global network of co-living and co-working spaces, will be temporarily closing its doors. The space has served as a venue for several web3 events since the pandemic restrictions have been lifted. DSH Global, the company’s parent company, announced that the closure is temporary and that DSH Manila will relaunch in the near future.
DSH Global Announcement
In an email from DSH Global last June 29, 2023, the firm stated that Draper Startup House Manila would be undergoing significant transformations to better serve its partners and customers. The statements were as follows:
- The company stated that it is adopting a new licensing and franchising business model.
- It would close its hotel and co-working operations but would community events and activities.
- As of July 2023, the sixth and seventh floors, which house the co-working space and event areas, as well as the hotel, were closed.
Following the closure of its event area, Public House was relaunched with a number of new offerings, including a culinary incubator, a partnership with CloudBistro, event spaces, and curated pop-up dining experiences.
Nevertheless, after almost three months, Public House was also closed.
Accordingly, BitPinas reached out to Draper Startup House executives for further clarification.
Vikram Bharati, founder of DSH Global, clarified that their Philippine branch is currently undergoing renovation and has not completely closed down.
“DSH has not shut down in PH. It is currently going through renovations and restructuring. It’ll come back stronger soon once the restructuring is complete.”Vikram Bharati, Founder, DSH Global
Ming Xia Ho, Head of DSH Global Community, corroborated this, noting that they are currently restructuring and reorganizing DSH Manila, and that “we will come back soon stronger and better.”
As of this writing, the date of the relaunch has not yet been announced.
DSH Web3 Events
One of the most prominent events held at the DSH Poblacion location was Bitcoin, Beer, and Bitstories. It is a monthly crypto community meetup, co-presented by BitPinas, featuring interviews, interactive panel discussions, and pitching from web3 startups. The meetup started in July 2022 and continued until August 2023.
The Mid-Winter Fireside Chat, an event organized by BitPinas and Yield Guild Games, was also held at DSH last August 2022. Mint and Greet, another BitPinas-headed meetup, in collaboration with CryptoArt PH and Tezos, held in April 2022, was also held in the Poblacion space.
The Global Pizza Party in celebration of Bitcoin Pizza Day was also celebrated in Draper Startup House for 3 consecutive years.
This article is published on BitPinas: Draper Startup House MNL Closes, Plans Relaunch
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.