February 4, 2020 – Messaging App LINE subsidiary LVC Corporation is going to launch its LINK Cryptocurrency in Japan this April 2020.
In a press release, LINK is already trading on BitBox, LINE’s international cryptocurrency exchange since 2018. Only now is it able to launch it in Japan via its BitMax cryptocurrency exchange in accordance with the Japan Virtual Currency Exchange Association. Link will allow its users access to services and decentralized applications, according to LVC.
Cointelegraph noted LINE is just one of the big messaging apps that are trying to establish their own crypto ecosystems. Kik, Telegram, and even Facebook have done so. However, Kik and Telegram are in legal battle with the US Government for selling tokens to US Citizens (the US Government is of the opinion that their tokens are classified as unregistered securities.) Facebook is trying to launch the cryptocurrency Libra, which it says is meant for widespread financial inclusion. However, the US Government and other countries are blocking its launch. Facebook said it will only launch once all regulatory hurdles are resolved.
In September 2019, LINE launches BitMax cryptocurrency exchange in Japan following the approval from Japan’s Financial Services Agency. At that time, there was no trading fee while deposits and withdrawals are done via LINE PAY. Beginners in crypto trading can make transactions for as low as $9 in the app.
This article is published on BitPinas: Messaging App Line Launches Link Token
BitPinas is an independent blockchain and cryptocurrency news site covering the crypto and blockchain news and developments in the Philippines. We aim to be the website where you can find all information on blockchain and crypto in the Philippines. We are read by investors and enthusiasts alike, including crypto/blockchain company founders and government personnel. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, consulting advice, and partnerships. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact and Subscribe to BitPinas:
- Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every Monday, Friday, or when there’s breaking news you need to read on your email.
- Join BitPinas on Telegram
- Follow on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates
- Disclaimer: All articles on BitPinas must be treated as not an investment advice. Readers are encouraged to do their own research. This website is not responsible for any loss incurred by the reader, nor will it take credit for their gains.
- For news tips, partnership discussions, or press release submissions, please send to email@example.com