OpenAI, the American artificial intelligence organization behind AI chatbot ChatGPT, recently introduced a new application programming interface (API) that lets its users create custom versions of ChatGPT for a specific purpose. These personalized chatbots are called “custom GPTs”.
GPT Roll Out
OpenAI announced the release of custom versions of ChatGPT on November 6. These versions, called GPTs, allow users to create tailored versions of ChatGPT for specific purposes, such as daily life, specific tasks, work, or home.
“GPTs are a new way for anyone to create a tailored version of ChatGPT to be more helpful in their daily life, at specific tasks, at work, or at home,” the organization shared in an X post.
Accordingly, the developers at OpenAI expressed their belief that the most incredible GPTs will be created by the community. They encourage anyone to create a GPT, regardless of coding experience, as long as they have expertise to share.
On the other hand, OpenAI clarified that users have control over their data when using ChatGPT. They can choose whether their conversations are shared with developers, third-party APIs, or are used for model improvement. New systems have been implemented to review custom GPTs for adherence to usage policies, focusing on preventing harmful iterations.
“We designed GPTs so more people can build with us. Involving the community is critical to our mission of building safe AGI that benefits humanity. It allows everyone to see a wide and varied range of useful GPTs and get a more concrete sense of what’s ahead,” OpenAI stated.
The developers added that they aim to include more people, not just tech experts, in deciding what AI should do. They believe this will make AI safer and more aligned with human needs.
How does it work?
According to the media release, GPT can be customized to fit specific use cases and preferences. It offers control through Custom Instructions that let users set preferences, and automates the process of using carefully crafted prompts and instruction sets, eliminating the need for manual copying.
In addition to being customizable, creators can also share these creations with others. Moreover, the developers remarked that anyone can readily construct their own custom GPT, as no coding is needed.
“Creating one is as easy as starting a conversation, giving it instructions and extra knowledge, and picking what it can do, like searching the web, making images or analyzing data,” OpenAI wrote.
Moreover, the developers noted that users have the option to define custom actions in addition to using the built-in capabilities of GPT. These actions involve making one or more APIs accessible to the custom GPT, allowing it to integrate external data or interact with the real world. This integration can include connecting GPT to databases, email inboxes, or even serving as a shopping assistant, such as facilitating e-commerce orders.
Consequently, OpenAI also announced that a GPT Store will be launched this month, featuring custom GPTs from verified creators that can be searched and rated.
What is OpenAI?
OpenAI is a California-based research company that was established in 2015 by a group of entrepreneurs, including Elon Musk and Sam Altman. Altman, the current CEO of OpenAI, is also the founder of Worldcoin, a cryptocurrency project based on iris biometrics.
The organization focuses on the development of safe and beneficial artificial general intelligence (AGI) that will benefit all of humanity. They have developed several models, including GPT-4, the latest and most advanced version of ChatGPT to date. GPT-4 can solve difficult problems with greater accuracy and is more creative and collaborative than ever before.
Read BitPinas’ ChatGPT series:
- Beginner’s Guide to ChatGPT: Learn How to Use AI Chat
- How to Use ChatGPT to Trade Crypto | AI Crypto Trading
- Mastering ChatGPT: Expert Tips for Enhancing Your AI Experience
- ChatGPT Transforms Business: Top Use Cases to Streamline Operations
- ChatGPT ‘Custom Instructions’ Allows AI to Remember You
- What are the Best ChatGPT Plugins for Content Creators? A Comprehensive Guide
- How to Make Money with ChatGPT – Proven Ways to Generate Income Online
- AI Chatbot Showdown: ChatGPT vs Competitors – A Comparative Analysis for 2023
This article is published on BitPinas: ChatGPT Developer OpenAI Unveils new GPTs with Asst. API
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.