By Shiela Bertillo and Michael Mislos
- YGG Web3 Games Summit (W3GS) Invites Global Youth: Children worldwide are encouraged to submit video questions about web3 and the metaverse for the W3GS this November.
- Interaction with Web3 Leader Yat Siu: The most intriguing questions will be presented at the summit, with responses from Yat Siu, Executive Chairman of Animoca Brands, during his keynote.
- Submission Guidelines: Open to children under 15, the summit seeks creative questions on web3, digital rights, and gaming. Videos should start with “Hi, Yat!” and be submitted by parents or guardians by November 15, 2023. The submission form can be found at this link: https://bit.ly/ygg-w3gs-form
The upcoming YGG Web3 Games Summit (W3GS), happening in Manila this November 18 to 25, 2023, is not just a celebration of the latest in web3, games, and the open metaverse, but also an important platform where the leading voices that move the industry forward can address the uncertainties and potential of the digital age.
Issues such as Internet privacy and surveillance, impact of artificial intelligence in the future job market, and even data privacy remains a concern, and as such, the Summit extends a global invitation to the younger generation, who stand at the forefront of these changes.
Table of Contents
Global Youth Invited to Ask Questions to Yat Siu About Web3 and the Metaverse
The YGG Web3 Games Summit invites children up to 15 years old to submit short video questions for Yat Siu, co-founder and Executive Chairman of Animoca Brands. This is a unique chance to interact directly with the most prominent advocate for digital property rights and a democratized internet.
When ready, submit the video in via this Google form: https://bit.ly/ygg-w3gs-form
Here’s how the Q and A with Yat Siu will work:
- Up to 10 of the most intriguing video entries will be selected to be displayed on the big screen for a live audience on the main stage at W3GS.
- Yat Siu will answer these questions during his keynote speech, providing insights into transitioning from web2 to web3, the role of gaming in shaping life in the open metaverse, and the significance of avatars in self-expression.
- The questions will be selected by Emfarsis, which spearheads content and programming for YGG Web3 Games Summit.
Who is Yat Siu
There’s no other person who can explain the importance of web3 and the metaverse other than video game industry veteran Yat Siu, who started his career with Atari in the 1980s, and has witnessed how the Internet has evolved in the last four decades. The visionary co-founder of Animoca Brands has been at the forefront in advocating for digital property rights and a staunch champion of web3, a version of the Internet that is freer and fairer for everyone.
“True digital property rights provide us with a chance to create a fairer, more inclusive form of capitalism,” Siu asserted in his Ted Talk this year, highlighting a shift towards a digital economy where the lines between creators, consumers, and owners are redrawn for inclusivity.
Siu’s experience and advocacy are particularly relevant in the context of today’s digitally-native kids, who navigate seamlessly between real and virtual worlds, finding opportunities and education in platforms like Fortnite or Roblox.
Guidelines for the W3GS Children’s Questions
Children are asked to present their questions in a concise, clear format, embracing the potential of a cross-border world where geographical boundaries do not limit opportunities. For instance, consider the submission format used by Lexi Agregado from the Philippines:
Full Entry Guidelines
- Each child can ask up to three (3) questions for a chance to be shown on stage at W3GS. However, only one (1) question per child would be selected.
- As a guide, each question should be approximately 10 seconds long. The total video submission should not exceed 60 seconds.
- Each question in the submission must begin with “Hi, Yat!” followed by the child’s question.
- The video should be taken in landscape mode (horizontal, NOT vertical) in a bright space and close enough so that the child’s face is clearly visible.
- HD video is preferred. Acceptable file formats include .mp4, .mov, .mkv or .avi.
- Submissions are open to children age 15 years and under.
- Submissions in English will be prioritized given the global nature of the event. However, submissions in Tagalog will also be accepted.
- Parents must submit the entry via this Google Form. No other method of entry will be considered.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of thought starters to ask Siu, and everyone is encouraged to be as creative and imaginative with their questions as they please while maintaining the context to be about web3 and video games:
- The difference between and/or transition from web2 to web3
- Playing video games and living life in the open Metaverse
- Avatars, identity, reputation, and self-expression in virtual environments
- Digital property rights and user ownership including NFTs and digital goods such as in-game assets such as weapons, skins and digital fashion
- Crypto, virtual currencies, digital assets, and decentralized finance (DeFi)
- Earning money playing video games and other activities online
- Virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, anything about the blockchain
- Internet communities
- Privacy, security, internet surveillance
- Scams, rug pulls, online crime, and internet safety
- NFTs or digital collectibles
What is YGG W3GS?
Taking place from November 18 to 25, 2023, across multiple venues in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines, the YGG Web3 Games Summit is a week-long celebration features a 2-day conference, a 3-day expo, a 2-day tournament, a 24-hour hackathon, and numerous pre-event and side activities throughout the district.
- YGG Web3 Games Summit to Bring the Best Game Developers in PH
- YGG Country Manager Shares Insights on Web3 Game Summit
This article is published on BitPinas: Kids Encouraged to Ask Metaverse Questions to Yat Siu
- Before investing in any cryptocurrency, it is essential that you carry out your own due diligence and seek appropriate professional advice about your specific position before making any financial decisions.
- BitPinas provides content for informational purposes only and does not constitute investment advice. Your actions are solely your own responsibility. This website is not responsible for any losses you may incur, nor will it claim attribution for your gains.