Now that you know the basics, you will probably ask yourself how to buy Bitcoin in the Philippines.
Unlike in other countries, bitcoins are not yet that established in the Philippines. Furthermore, there are a few services that will let you buy bitcoin. While they are few, it is important to note that the method of buying bitcoins on these services can be done through convenience stores near you!
This article had a minor update on May 28, 2019, February 13, 2020, and March 4, 2020.
Where to Buy Bitcoin in the Philippines – a Complete Guide:
Table of Contents
- 1 Where to Buy Bitcoin in the Philippines – a Complete Guide:
- 1.1 Via Coins.ph, Buybitcoin.ph, or PDAX:
- 1.2 By buying Prepaid Bitcoin Cards:
- 1.3 By Bitcoin using Credit Card
- 1.4 Buy bitcoin through Crypto ATMS
- 1.5 Buy bitcoin over-the-counter in the Philippines
- 1.6 Buy through Paxful or Localbitcoins
- 2 Buy through Cryptocurrency Exchanges
- 3 Other Methods of Buying Bitcoins in the Philippines:
- 4 Overall:
Via Coins.ph, Buybitcoin.ph, or PDAX:
- These sites allow you to buy bitcoins using your money.
- There are many ways to cash in. Most noteworthy of all is that you can transfer money using Cliq kiosks in 7-eleven stores. After the money is in your Coins.ph account, it is simply a matter of converting them to bitcoins via the services’ apps.
Click here for specific guides:
- How to buy bitcoins using Coins.ph
- How to buy Bitcoins using Paymaya
How to buy bitcoins using Bitbit.cash
- Steps to buy bitcoins using BuyBitcoin.ph
- How to Buy Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Using GCash
- Comparison of Bitcoin Exchange Sites in the Philippines
- Comparison of Bitcoin Wallets
- A List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
By buying Prepaid Bitcoin Cards: Depending on where you are, you can buy prepaid Bitcoin cards which you can load on your bitcoin Wallet.
By Bitcoin using Credit Card
Cex.io allows everyone to buy bitcoins using your Credit Card. Consequently, they have a minimum amount that you can buy. Hence, you can’t transact here if you only intend to buy a smaller amount of bitcoins.
Buy bitcoin through Crypto ATMS
You can also buy bitcoins through Crypto atms in the country. The one from UnionBank even has a cash-out option.
- Here are the Exact Bitcoin ATM Locations in PH
- We Tried UnionBank Crypto ATM and This is How It Works
Buy bitcoin over-the-counter in the Philippines
You can buy bitcoin over-the-counter through Moneybees:
Through Bloom Partners
You can buy bitcoin over-the-counter through Bloom and its partner remittance exchanges:
Buy bitcoin Through Paylance
(Update – February 13, 2020), you can now buy through Paylance in partnership with Bloom:
Buy through Paxful or Localbitcoins
Paxful and Localbitcoins are peer-to-peer exchanges. All you have to do is find a buyer who’s willing to sell their bitcoins and get paid through a payment method you desire. Some of the sellers here may prefer bank deposits, Gcash, or even Paymaya.
Buy through Cryptocurrency Exchanges
A number of local cryptocurrency exchanges have been approved by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. Here are the two that’s currently live for trading:
- Coins Pro by Coins.ph
- VHCEX by VCPI Philippines
Other local exchanges:
Other Methods of Buying Bitcoins in the Philippines:
- You can join Bitcoin Philippine Facebook Groups.
- You will have to negotiate with the person you are transacting with first online. After that, you set up a good meetup place and proceed with the bitcoin exchange. Remember that you must have a proper Internet connection to proceed with the transaction. Furthermore, transact in a conspicuous place and always bring someone else with you!
- You can buy Bitcoins at Bitcoin Exchange sites
- At the time I wrote this, most bitcoin exchange sites are not based in the Philippines. But of course, you can still transact with them. With exchange sites, you can set up your own buy and sell value. Just remember to transfer your coins in your own wallet and never keep them all in these exchanges!
Right now, the guide above is currently the most complete list for Bitcoin Buying Guide in the Philippines. If you have other methods, don’t hesitate to contact us below!
- What is Bitcoin?
- How to buy Bitcoin
- What is a Bitcoin Wallet?
- A list of Bitcoin Sites in the Philippines
- A Growing List of Blockchain Jobs in the Philippines
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
BitPinas is an independent blockchain and cryptocurrency news site covering the crypto and blockchain news and developments in the Philippines. We aim to be the website where you can find all information on blockchain and crypto in the Philippines. We are read by investors and enthusiasts alike, including crypto/blockchain company founders and government personnel. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, consulting advice, and partnerships. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Contact and Subscribe to BitPinas:
- Subscribe to our newsletter delivered every Monday, Friday, or when there’s breaking news you need to read on your email.
- Join BitPinas on Telegram
- Follow on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news and updates
- Disclaimer: All articles on BitPinas must be treated as not an investment advice. Readers are encouraged to do their own research. This website is not responsible for any loss incurred by the reader, nor will it take credit for their gains.
- For news tips, partnership discussions, or press release submissions, please send to email@example.com