Now that you know the basics, you will probably ask yourself how to buy Bitcoin in the Philippines.
Unlike in other countries, bitcoins are not yet that established in the Philippines. Furthermore, there are a few services that will let you buy bitcoin. While they are few, it is important to note that the method of buying bitcoins on these services can be done through convenience stores near you!
This article had a minor update on May 28, 2019, February 13, 2020, March 4, 2020, and Nov. 20, 2020.
Table of Contents.
- 1 Where to Buy Bitcoin in the Philippines – a Complete Guide:
- 2 Buy through Cryptocurrency Exchanges
- 3 Other Methods of Buying Bitcoins in the Philippines:
- 4 Overall:
Where to Buy Bitcoin in the Philippines – a Complete Guide:
Via Coins.ph, Buybitcoin.ph, or PDAX:
These sites allow you to buy bitcoins using your money. There are many ways to cash in. Most noteworthy of all is that you can transfer money using Cliq kiosks in 7-eleven stores. After the money is in your Coins.ph account, it is simply a matter of converting them to bitcoins via the services’ apps.
Click here for specific guides:
- How to Buy Bitcoin with PDAX (Note: Free Php 20 Pesos when you cash in with our referral code!)
- How to buy bitcoins using Coins.ph
- How to buy Bitcoins using Paymaya
- Steps to buy bitcoins using BuyBitcoin.ph
- How to Buy Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Using GCash
- Comparison of Bitcoin Exchange Sites in the Philippines
- Comparison of Bitcoin Wallets
- A List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
Buy Through Bitcoin P2P
By Bitcoin using Credit Card
Cex.io allows everyone to buy bitcoins using your Credit Card. Consequently, they have a minimum amount that you can buy. Hence, you can’t transact here if you only intend to buy a smaller amount of bitcoins.
Buy bitcoin through Crypto ATMS
You can also buy bitcoins through Crypto atms in the country. The one from UnionBank even has a cash-out option.
- Here are the Exact Bitcoin ATM Locations in PH
- We Tried UnionBank Crypto ATM and This is How It Works
Buy bitcoin over-the-counter in the Philippines
You can buy bitcoin over-the-counter through Moneybees:
- Moneybees Receives BSP Virtual Currency Exchange License, Plans to Roll Out Nationwide
- PSulit at GF Intrepid Plaza, C5 Corner Eastwood Ave, Libis, QC
- Willyn Villarica Jewelry at Stalls 335/336, 3rd Floor, Market! Market!
Through Bloom Partners
You can buy bitcoin over-the-counter through Bloom and its partner remittance exchanges:
Buy bitcoin Through Paylance
(Update – February 13, 2020), you can now buy through Paylance in partnership with Bloom:
Buy through Paxful or Localbitcoins
Paxful and Localbitcoins are peer-to-peer exchanges. All you have to do is find a buyer who’s willing to sell their bitcoins and get paid through a payment method you desire. Some of the sellers here may prefer bank deposits, Gcash, or even Paymaya.
Buy through Cryptocurrency Exchanges
A number of local cryptocurrency exchanges have been approved by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas. Here are the two that’s currently live for trading:
- Coins Pro by Coins.ph
- VHCEX by VCPI Philippines
Other local exchanges:
Other Methods of Buying Bitcoins in the Philippines:
- You can join Bitcoin Philippine Facebook Groups.
- You will have to negotiate with the person you are transacting with first online. After that, you set up a good meetup place and proceed with the bitcoin exchange. Remember that you must have a proper Internet connection to proceed with the transaction. Furthermore, transact in a conspicuous place and always bring someone else with you!
- You can buy Bitcoins at Bitcoin Exchange sites
- At the time I wrote this, most bitcoin exchange sites are not based in the Philippines. But of course, you can still transact with them. With exchange sites, you can set up your own buy and sell value. Just remember to transfer your coins in your own wallet and never keep them all in these exchanges!
Right now, the guide above is currently the most complete list for Bitcoin Buying Guide in the Philippines. If you have other methods, don’t hesitate to contact us below!