Now that you know the basics, you will probably ask yourself how to buy bitcoins in the Philippines.
Unlike in other countries, bitcoins are not yet that established in the Philippines. Furthermore, there are a few services that will let you buy bitcoin. While they are few, it is important to note that the method of buying bitcoins on these services can be done through convenience stores near you!
Where to Buy Bitcoin in the Philippines – a Complete Guide:
Table of Contents
- 1 Where to Buy Bitcoin in the Philippines – a Complete Guide:
- 2 Other Methods of Buying Bitcoins in the Philippines:
- 3 Overall:
Via Coins.ph, Buybitcoin.ph, GoAbra, or Bitbit.cash:
- These sites allow you to buy Bitcoins using your Money.
- There are many ways to cash in. Most noteworthy of all is that you can transfer money using Cliq kiosks in 7-eleven stores. After the money is in your Coins.ph account, it is simply a matter of converting them to bitcoins via the services’ apps
Click here for specific guides:
- How to buy bitcoins using Coins.ph
- How to buy bitcoins using Bitbit.cash
- Steps to buy bitcoins using BuyBitcoin.ph
- Steps in buying bitcoins using Go Abra
- Comparison of Bitcoin Exchange Sites in the Philippines
By buying Prepaid Bitcoin Cards:
Depending on where you are, you can buy prepaid Bitcoin cards which you can load on your bitcoin Wallet.
By Bitcoin using Credit Card
Cex.io allows everyone to buy bitcoins using your Credit Card. Consequently, they have a minimum amount that you can buy. Hence, you can’t transact here if you only intend to buy a smaller amount of bitcoins.
BTC.com allows people to buy bitcoins anywhere in the world using credit card:
(Update – Dec. 28, 2017) Using your litecoin, ether, or other altcoins
If by chance you already have altcoins and you wish to convert them back to bitcoin, you can try the Bitpinas Cryptocurrency Exchange Philippines Platform. Trade your ether, litecoin, or any other coins to get bitcoin into your wallet. Check it out here.
Buy bitcoin over-the-counter in the Philippines
(Update – Feb. 15, 2018), you can now buy bitcoin over-the-counter, made possible by Moneybees.ph in partnership with accredited money changers and remittance stores:
Other Methods of Buying Bitcoins in the Philippines:
- You can join Bitcoin Philippine Facebook Groups.
- You will have to negotiate with the person you are transacting with first online. After that, you set up a good meetup place and proceed with the bitcoin exchange. Remember that you must have a proper Internet connection to proceed with the transaction. Furthermore, transact in a conspicuous place and always bring someone else with you!
- You can buy Bitcoins at Bitcoin Exchange sites
- At the time I wrote this, most bitcoin exchange sites are not based in the Philippines. But of course, you can still transact with them. With exchange sites, you can set up your own buy and sell value. Just remember to transfer your coins in your own wallet and never keep them all in these exchanges!
Right now, the guide above is currently the most complete list for Bitcoin Buying Guide in the Philippines. If you have other methods, don’t hesitate to contact us below!
- What is Bitcoin?
- How to buy Bitcoin
- What is a Bitcoin Wallet?
- A list of Bitcoin Sites in the Philippines
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- For feedback, please comment or click the Inquiry link below the article.
- Invest in bitcoins only the amount you can afford to lose!
- Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. Spread your bitcoin and cryptocurrency investment.