Updated on May 1, 2019 to refect the new event schedule.
Updated on April 25, 2019 to reflect the new event schedule.
(Davao City, Philippines) April 17, 2019 – Kadena Hub, the blockchain hub in Davao City is the venue for the upcoming Blockathon, a hackathon for blockchain technology in Mindanao.
|Blockathon – a Blockchain Hackathon|
|Type of Event||Hackathon|
|Ticket Price||Paid (Php 500 per team)|
|Date:||May 18 – 19, 2019|
|Time||From 8:30 am|
|Location||Kadena Hub, Davao City|
|Registration & Reserve Your Tickets at||Eventbrite|
The event is a 24-hour hackathon that aims to develop a blockchain innovation project as a final product or prototype. It is encouraged that a team is composed of a programmer, a marketer, a business development/sales officer, and a designer to bring the idea to life. Mentors will be present to guide the teams while doing their prototypes.
At the end of the hackathon, the team must come up with at least a working prototype of their application/idea. There is no need for a full code. The team must show their solution, how it works, and how they plan to market it.
The blockchain hackathon is scheduled on May 18, 2019 at the Kadena Hub (Mabini St., corner Araullo St. in Davao City). There is a registration fee of Php 500 per team. Interested persons may also join the Blockathon Training on April 12 – 13, 2019 at the University of Southeastern Philippines.
Kadena Hub is a coworking space that is set to incubate startups and blockchain projects in Mindanao. An earlier report mentioned that it has a 120-person capacity.
Kadena Hub is a Traxion project under its “One Mindanao” Program. In an earlier statement, TraXion CEO Ann Cuisia said the hub aims to “enable startup access to new technologies, digital assets, network, market, mentorship, and funding.”
The Blockathon at Kadena Hub is organized by AGILab, Traxion, and Devcon.
Date and Location
May 18 – 19, 2019
8:30 am onwards
Mabini St., corner Araullo St.
This article originally appeared on BitPinas: Mindanao Blockchain Hub to Organize Its First Blockchain Hackathon
- For more blockchain and cryptocurrency-related events in the Philippines, please check out the Bitpinas Event Page.
- A Growing List of Blockchain Jobs in the Philippines
- How to buy Cryptocurrency in the Philippines
- List of Licensed Virtual Currency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of Cryptocurrency Exchanges in the Philippines
- List of CEZA-Approved Offshore Crypto Exchanges
- List of Cryptocurrency Wallets
- List of Bitcoin Wallets
- List of LoyalCoin Partners
- Philippines Blockchain Business Directory
- List of Philippine Blockchain Events
- Bitcoin to PHP
- Cryptocurrency Charts in Pesos
Notes and Disclaimer:
- If you like what you read here, please consider subscribing to our newsletter!
- Follow Bitpinas at Telegram.
- For press release, sponsored content, and other advertising options, click here.