Last week was pretty hectic for the BitPinas writers. Our first big story last week was Tier One Entertainment, the largest esports and gaming entertainment in the Philippines and Southeast Asia has revealed their intentions to enter the Web3 and NFT scene.
It was a big story, especially for those already in the industry. Tier One has more than 100 million fans across its network of talent and brands. I can understand their CEO Tryke Gutierrez’ viewpoint. They could go into NFT today. Heck, they could have entered NFT and play-to-earn at the height of its popularity in July of last year, but they chose not to:
And the next big event? CZ in the Philippines!
CZ, the CEO of Binance, was in the Philippines to discuss with the media their expansion plans in the Philippines. BitPinas writers were able to cover this thoroughly.
- Binance Scholarship Philippines: CZ Reveals Plans to Sponsor Filipino Students
- [BREAKING NEWS] CZ: Binance Plans to Acquire a Crypto Exchange VASP License in the Philippines from the BSP
- Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao in the Philippines to Discuss Company Expansion
- Community Reacts: What Does a BSP-Regulated Binance Will Mean for the Philippines
We also pinned our article: How to Get a VASP License in the Philippines, an article we created one year ago that surprisingly only received traction now.
Not all is good news for CZ though. Despite the positive reports, PhilStar reported a text message from Department of Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez, who reminded everyone that Binance is not registered in the country.
More News and Features on BitPinas:
- Maya Responds to GCash’ “Silver Bullet” Comment
- UNBOX CON 2022 to Introduce NFT Event Tickets and Other Digital Innovations
- GCash Hits P500 Billion Gross Transaction Value in March
- US SEC Probes Binance Over its BNB Token
- New NFT Initiative Seeks to Raise Funds for Foster Children
- Axie Infinity Reveals Token Gated Community
- Paypal Will Soon Allow Crypto Transfer to External Wallets
- Binance Answers Reuters’ Money Laundering Allegations: It Purposely Misleads General Public
- Manny Pacquiao Launches Dog-themed NFT Collection
- Five Play-to-Earn Games to Watch This June 2022
- What is a Cryptocurrency Mixer and How Does It Work?
- The Difference Between Utility Tokens and Equity Tokens
- What Happened in Tezos This May 2022 (English and Tagalog)
- BitPinas Webcast 15 – FilipinasNFT Shares More Information About New Initiatives
- Dogami NFT Project an International Success – TZ APAC
- Don’t Fall For Crypto Scams: Five Signs of Crypto Ponzi Schemes
Events This Week
- Axie Infinity Meetup (June 14, 2022)
- Likha Public Beta Launch Party (June 15, 2022)
- BlockchainSpace Presents: Limitless Guild (June 15, 2022)
- Bitcoin, Beer, & Bitstories (June 17, 2022)
- Unbox Con (June 18, 2022)
- Meat and Greet (June 19, 2022)
Wait, that’s a lot of meetups. How can we go to every one of these?
Finally, a Meme!
This article is published on BitPinas: Newsletter: Companies Reveal Their Web3 Plans in the Philippines
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.