I’ve seen this before.
Table of Contents.
It was December 2017. Everyone was so bullish on crypto. Everyone wants to learn. Even an SEC-registered (and then-delisted) firm wanted to issue crypto.
There were so many meetups.
Each meetup had more attendees than the previous one.
And then there were conferences. In one such conference, someone even boldly claimed that in three years we wouldn’t be talking about Bitcoin. It was 2018.
And then the conferences became more expensive and even more glamorous than the next.
There’s just too much money.
Bitcoin continued to slide down. 2018. 2019. 2020.
We’re seeing this again. But we don’t know where it would go.
The biggest difference? There are more people now. There are more crypto wallets. There’s play-to-earn. There’s DeFi. There are people who would happily teach you about crypto, for free, or at a discount.
But I do know what everyone is thinking: the country is opening up, meetups are coming back, I just wish it stops dipping.
Onwards to the news the past week:
- You Can Now Buy Gala Token in Coins.ph
- [Update] E-Sabong Crypto? 12 ‘E-Sabong’ Sites Using Crypto as Bets, PNP Discovers
- Crypto Meetups in 2022 are Different, Says BlockchainSpace
- What’s Next for Bity Presidente NFT Project After PH Elections?
- Multi-disciplinary artist Bjorn Calleja is lone Filipino featured in Art Basel Hong Kong
- SEC and Google Will Require Crypto Advertisers to Present License to Operate Locally
- MetaMask Taps New Partner to Help Filipino Scam Victims
- Miss World NFT? PH Org to Venture Into Crypto Space
- Philippines Ranks 2nd in Crypto Ownership – Survey
- BitPinas Webcast 14: Market Cycle Part of the Trend, Crypto Meetups Should be Hybrid
- [Update] One in Four Internet Users in the Philippines Play NFT Games, Ranks 4th highest in NFT Adoption Globally
- Dept. of Finance Proposes Crypto Tax by 2024 in the Philippines
- DOST to Train In-House Scientists in Blockchain
International Crypto and NFT News:
- Beeple’s Twitter Account Hacked, Criminals Stole Php 3.7 Million Pesos Worth of ETH
- Bill Gates on Bitcoin: Crypto Doesn’t ‘have Valuable Output,’ Isn’t ‘Adding To Society’
- Ripple Commits $100M to Fight Climate Change
- CoinMarketCap Conference Day 1 Recap: Builders Build
- CoinMarketCap Conference Day 2 Recap: Continued Building
- Free Money: The Constitutional Aspects of Cryptocurrencies
- Is Ethereum Decentralized?
- Bakit Hindi Gagana ang Pagboto Gamit ang Blockchain? – Cryptoday 082 – Tagalog
- How FilipinasNFT Empowers Women in the Philippine Crypto Art and NFT Space
- CZ, Michael Saylor, Justin Sun to Headline CoinMarketCap’s The Capital Conference
BitPinas Webcast Last Week: Filipinas NFT
Events This Week
This newsletter is published on BitPinas: Newsletter: Crypto Dips as Meetups Returns
Disclaimer: BitPinas articles and its external content are not financial advice. The team serves to deliver independent, unbiased news to provide information for Philippine-crypto and beyond.